Community organizations and police from across Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington are launching a new "Community Risk Watch" initiative on Tuesday, February 9, 2016.
Community Risk Watch is a collaborative, integrated multi-agency team striving to build safer and healthier communities through rapid mobilization of resources and service connections to meet the immediate needs of individuals and families experiencing acutely elevated levels of risk.
Community Risk Watch is modeled after the evidence-based "situation tables" which have proven to be highly successful in other parts of the world and Canada.
While an executive committee will oversee the process there are two specific working groups – one for the Kingston & Frontenac region and one for Lennox & Addington County. A representative from each participating agency will have a seat at the situation table that will meet every week to discuss, prioritize and take action upon referrals. These referrals can come from any of the participating agencies or from ancillary organizations within the community. Dependent on the needs of the individual and family members the agencies best suited to provide assistance will make contact and offer preventative assistance.
The organizations participating in both Community Risk Watch working groups are:
- Algonquin Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
- Addiction & Mental Health Services of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services
- Family & Children’s Services of Frontenac, Lennox & Addington
- Limestone District School Board
- Ontario Provincial Police
The additional organizations participating in the Kingston & Frontenac Community Risk Watch are:
- City of Kingston
- Kingston Police
- Pathways for Children & Youth
- Victim Services of Kingston & Frontenac
- Youth Diversion Program
The additional organizations participating in the Lennox & Addington Community Risk Watch are:
- County of Lennox & Addington
- Lennox & Addington Interval House
- Prince Edward – Lennox & Addington Social Services
- Napanee Area Community Health Centre
- Ministry of Children and Youth Services - Youth Justice
- Victims Services of Hastings, Prince Edward and Lennox & Addington Counties
Additional information relating to the Kingston and Frontenac Community Risk Watch can be found on the Global Community Safety website.